Coconut Chilli Crab Curry – Super easy!
I love curries in winter and this is one of my favourites! Coconut creamy with a punch. Delicious! Just add some steamed rice to it and you have a comfort, almost fine dining, dish!
If you can’t handle really spicy food just add a little bit to your taste.
Give it a try! This recipe serves 4 people
• 2 big Mud Crabs or 4 blue swimmer crabs (uncooked). I highly recommend the Mud Crabs but if you can’t find them or they are more expensive just add some scallops to the curry to have more meat to eat.
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 3 red chilies, chopped
• 1⁄3 cup lime juice
• 1⁄4 cup water
• 2 tablespoons chili sauce (sweet Thai if you don’t like it too spicy)
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 400 ml coconut cream
• 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
• 3 green onions, sliced
• steamed rice, to serve
1. Lift top hard shell from crabs and use fingers to scrape insides. Wash, then split in half.
2. Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat then stir-fry the crab pieces in batches until they turn pinky red. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same wok, stir fry garlic, ginger and chili for 1 minute.
4. Add the juice, waer, sauces and paste and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Blend in the coconut cream.
6. Bring to the boil then return the crab to the wok.
7. Simmer covered, for 4-5 minutes, adding a little water if the sauce reduces too much.
8. Stir in the coriander and onions, then serve at once over steamed rice.
Divine!! You will definitely impress your guests or your husband for that matter!
Enjoy it and please leave your comments below. Happy eating!!